When Emme first got behind the wheel of her dad’s dune buggy at age 14 at Glamis in Southern California, she realized she found her place. Since then she’s taken every opportunity to get in the driver’s seat. She has driven extensively through Baja California, from Mike’s Sky Ranch to Coco’s Corner, from La Paz, to Mulege, as well as in the deserts of California and Nevada. After she conquers Morocco in the Gazelle Rallye, Emme’s goal is to complete a full race season and eventually win the Baja 1000.
Calling Emme a dynamic personality would just be scratching the surface. She is the principle driver for the Mega Monkey Motorsports™ 2 seat 1600 desert race car. She recently partnered with Desert Dingo Racing and their class 11, expanding her driving experience even further. Emme is a host for Roadfly TV, the 4th largest car review channel on You Tube. She has quickly earned a legion of loyal fans who love her energy, unconventional outfits, and collection of trademarked phrases. Her videos regularly receive tens of thousands of views, and many are on their way to over 100,000 views.
In what some may consider a contradiction to the above, Emme holds an MFA in Costume Technology from North Carolina School of the Arts and is also a graduate of Yale School of Drama. She is the Costume Manager at Ford’s Theatre in Washington DC, and spends her summers working at Shakespeare Santa Cruz. During her few free weekends you can find Emme campaigning her stock 2001 Miata in SCCA autocross events.
- Emme earned 2nd in class with the Dingos at this year’s USA 500
- Earned first in class at the VORRA 24 hour endurance race with the Dingos
- Record holder at the Buffalo Peak, CO hill climb as co-driver for JT Taylor
- Raced in the 2009 Powder Puff, benefiting Cedars Sinai Breast Cancer Research Center, finishing 4th in her class
- Raced in the 2010 Powder Puff finishing 2nd in her class
- Unfortunately was DNF in the 2011 Powder Puff with a broken torsion bar (which she now knows how to fix!)
- Emme ran the 2011 NORRA Mexican 1000 with her dad as co-driver, a campaign they will repeat in 2012
- Emme maintains her own personal blog www.megamonkeymotorsports.com with over 250 unique visitors each month
- She has over 780 Twitter followers
- Uses the location based mobile application Foursquare to update fans
- Administers her own You Tube channel
- She communicates regularly with over 900 fans on her Facebook page, with a high level of engagement
- Her fans are from over 19 countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, Germany, and the Philippines. Most are males, 18-34.
Emme has been featured in
- Dusty Times
- S&S Off Road Magazine
- Dirt Newz
- Race Dezert
- Gearbox Magazine
- Female Racing News
- The Fast Lane Car
- The Down and Dirty Off Road Show